Daniel J. Reiter is an attorney admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey. Mr. Reiter focuses in the areas of trust and estate litigation, guardianship, estate planning, elder law, and special needs law.
Prior to establishing his own practice, Mr. Reiter worked as an associate for a distinguished century-old Staten Island law firm, where he handled a variety of matters in Surrogate’s Court, including will contests, turnover proceedings, contested accounting proceedings, and creditors’ claims against estates. During law school, Mr. Reiter interned in Richmond County Surrogate’s Court, where he played a leading role in drafting a judicial decision regarding a guardianship dispute.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Mr. Reiter worked as a political reporter for Politicker.com, providing political coverage from the floors of the 2008 Republican and Democratic National Conventions. Following his departure, he was lauded as an “omnipresent” reporter by the Baltimore Sun.
Mr. Reiter, a South Florida native, currently lives in Manhattan, New York.
Publications/Continuing Legal Education:
- Interposing Mistake as an Objection to Probate
- Instructor: Adult Guardianship in New York 101 (MHL Art. 81 Overview)
- Suffolk University Law School, Juris Doctor
- New England College, Master of Arts Degree in International Relations
- New England College, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- The Orion Resource Group
- Aging Together